International Master’s programmes see 20 per cent boost in admissions
Uppsala University’s international Master’s programmes continue their steady growth. The number of students admitted in the first selection round for autumn 2018 has increased by 19.7 per cent compared to last year. Also, the number of admitted fee-paying (non-EU) students has grown by nearly 20 per cent.
The first round of selections for international Master’s programmes in Sweden has now been finalised and letters of admission are currently being sent out to the applicants. The number of admitted students to international Master’s programmes starting autumn 2018 has increased to 2,343, up from 1,958 last year.
Students outside the EU, EEA and Switzerland who have applied to Uppsala University’s international Master’s programmes are required to pay tuition fees. This category of students has also grown significantly, up 19.6 per cent from 1,249 to 1,494.
Uppsala University’s largest international Master’s programmes, with number of admitted students in parentheses:
- Master Programme in Industrial Management and Innovation (208)
- Master Programme in Computer Science - computer science (134)
- Master Programme in Sustainable Development (130)
- Master Programme in Renewable Electricity Production (104)
- Master Programme in Global Health (80)