Record number of Campus Gotland students study abroad in autumn 2019
19 February 2019
In November 2018, a high number of UU students applied for exchange studies through the International Office's application and 42 out of 591 applicants in total were Campus Gotland (CG) students.
Of the 409 students who were offered a placement and has now accepted it, there are 31 Campus Gotland students. If compared with the autumn of 2018 when we had nine (9) CG students on exchange via the International office, this is certainly a noticeable increase.
The selected students will leave Visby for one or two semesters and head to one of our 400 partner universities, starting in autumn 2019, and they are distributed as follows:
From Archeology / Osteology, three students will go to:
From Business studies, five students will go to:
- Université de Lausanne (2) in Switzerland
- University of Reading and the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom
- Simon Frasier University in Canada.
From Art history / Conservation, two students will go to:
From our Game Design programmes, 14 students will go to:
- Université Paris-Sorbonne in France
- Nagoya University, The University of Tokyo and Tokyo Institute of Technology in Japan
- KIMEP University in Kazakhstan
- Hanyang University, Korea University and Sungkyunkwan University in the Republic of Korea
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (2) in the Netherlands
- Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
- University of Ulster and University of Sussex in the United Kingdom
- University of Oregon in the United States.
From Information Systems, six students will go to :
- Universiteit Gent in Belgium
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen in the Netherlands
- Zhejiang University in China
- National Taiwan University in Taiwan
- University of Ulster in the United Kingdom
- University of Texas at Austin in the United States.
From the Leadership-Quality Management-Improvement programme, one student will go to:
We say congratulations and good luck, and hope they will bring back new perspectives and exciting experiences to share!
The next application round for exchange studies via the International office is open 15 April to 15 May and is for studies starting in the spring semester 2020. Read about exchange studies at Uppsala University. Many students can also apply for exchange via their Faculty or Departmental exchange agreements with application deadlines usually about six months in advance. Read more about department and subject-linked exchanges.
Gotland Goes Global: 9 April – Read more about Gotland Goes Global.
Questions: Our international officer is available for drop-in every Tuesday 15:00 – 16:30 on the ground floor in the D building.