Decision taken on new vice-rectors
17 juni 2020
Uppsala University’s current vice-rectors and deputy vice-rectors reach the end of their term of office on 30 June. The Vice-Chancellor has now decided who the new vice-rectors for the period 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2023 will be.
The vice-rectors chair the disciplinary domain boards in Uppsala University’s three disciplinary domains. They sit on the Vice-Chancellor’s Management Council and share in University-wide commitments.
Here are the new vice-rectors and deputy vice-rectors for the period 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2023:
Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Vice-Rector: Professor Tora Holmberg, Department of Sociology
- Deputy Vice-Rector: Professor Mattias Martinson, Department of Theology
Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Vice-Rector: Professor Mats Larhed, Department of Medicinal Chemistry
- Deputy Vice-Rector: Professor Eva Tiensuu Janson, Department of Medical Sciences
Disciplinary Domain of Science and Technology
- Vice-Rector: Professor Johan Tysk, Department of Mathematics (re-elected for an additional period)
- Deputy Vice-Rector: Professor Charlotte Platzer Björkman, Department of Materials Science and Engineering