Information on coronavirus

The Public Health Agency of Sweden has introduced new guidelines and recommendations to limit the spread of COVID-19 in society.

As of 22 November, you should

  • stay at home if you have symptoms (for example sore throat, runny/blocked nose, fever, cough). Anyone with symptoms who has not had COVID-19 in the past six months should get tested. You should get tested irrespective of whether you are fully vaccinated or not. 

If you are not fully vaccinated, you have a special responsibility. To reduce the risk of spreading infection, you need, if possible, to:

  • keep a distance from other people
  • avoid close contact with people in risk groups and people who are aged 70 or over.

Those that are able to should follow the Public Health Agency recommendation to get vaccinated

As of 8 December: keep your distance from other people in public settings, especially indoors. This applies even if you are vaccinated. NB: However, teaching and examination at the University should primarily continue to be held on campus.

Read more about the current national rules and recommendations on

On 12 January, more measures were introduced to reduce the spread of infection. Read about the recommendations that apply from 12 January at the Public Health Agency’s website.

Feeling unwell, Go and get tested

Vaccine certificate

From 1 December 2021, organisers of public gatherings can choose that everyone who participates in the event must show proof of vaccinationGeneral information about Covid certificates on

The Swedish eHealth Agency har published information on how persons who were vaccinated in Sweden but do not have a Swedish personal identity number can obtain a Swedish vaccine certificate.

In summary, students should contact the region where they were vaccinated to obtain the vaccine certificate. For Gotland, apply via telephone or online form. Information in English about the Swedish vaccine certificate on Gotland is available here

If you were vaccinated elsewhere in Sweden, for instance in Stockholm, you should contact Region Stockholm, etc.

Last modified: 2022-01-17